Birthday Party Tips: Fairy cakes & iced buns
Hello boys and girls!
Well I really need to get my act together with this blogging business! So, I’ve decided to share with you some great tips for holding birthday parties, since I LOVE parties!
This week I’m sharing my super recipe for fairy cakes or buns (whatever you like to call them!).
So here we go…
You will need:
- a grown up to help you
- a bowl and wooden spoon
- a electric mixer (optional)
- paper cases & a bun tray
- a wire tray for cooling
- 175g/6 tablespoons Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 125g Margarine (half a block)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Nutella or icing made with icing sugar and water
- Hundreds and thousands, cherries, candied jellies, chocolate vermicelli, smarties…whatever you like!
What to do
- Ensure oven is fully preheated to 200°C, Gas 6 (be very careful of the hot over boys and girls!)
- Next, put bun paper cases into bun tins.
- Put the flour (sieved), sugar, margarine, eggs and water into a bowl. Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture into each bun case.
- Place in the oven on the top shelf and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, spread Nutella or icing on the top and add your favourite topping.
Enjoy your buns girls and boys! If you want to send me in any pictures of your own creations please do and I’ll put them up on my website.